For step-by-step instructions on how to use nebulized BROVANA® (arformoterol tartrate) Inhalation Solution, watch the animated guide below. You should also read the Medication Guide before you start taking BROVANA and each time you fill your prescription as there may be new information.
- Use BROVANA exactly as prescribed. One ready-to-use vial of BROVANA is 1 dose. The usual dose of BROVANA is 1 ready-to-use vial, twice a day (morning and evening), breathed in through your nebulizer system. The 2 doses should be about 12 hours apart. Do not use more than 2 ready-to-use vials of BROVANA a day.
- Do not swallow or inject BROVANA.
- BROVANA is for use with a nebulizer system connected to an air compressor. Read the complete instructions in the Medication Guide before starting BROVANA.
- Do not mix other medicines with BROVANA in your nebulizer system.
- If you miss a dose of BROVANA, just skip that dose. Take your next dose at your usual time. Do not take 2 doses at one time.
- While you are using BROVANA 2 times a day:
- Do not use other medicines that contain a long-acting beta2-agonist (LABA) for any reason
- Do not use your short-acting beta2-agonist medicine on a regular basis
(4 times a day)
Read the Medication Guide that comes with your prescription each time you get a refill, as there may be new information.
- BROVANA does not relieve sudden symptoms of COPD. Always have a rescue inhaler medicine with you to treat sudden symptoms. If you do not have a rescue inhaler medicine, call your health care provider to have one prescribed for you.
- Do not stop using BROVANA or other medicines to help control or treat COPD unless told to do so by your health care provider because your symptoms might get worse. Your health care provider will change your medicines as needed.
Do not use:
- BROVANA more often than prescribed
- More BROVANA than prescribed to you
- BROVANA with other LABA medicines
Call your health care provider or get emergency medical care right away if:
- Your breathing problems worsen with BROVANA
- You need to use your rescue inhaler medicine more often than usual
- Your rescue inhaler medicine does not work as well for you at relieving COPD symptoms
How should BROVANA be stored?
- Store BROVANA in a refrigerator between 36° to 46°F (2° to 8°C) in the protective foil pouch. Protect from light and excessive heat. Do not open a sealed pouch until you are ready to use a dose of BROVANA. After opening the pouch, unused ready-to-use vials should be returned to, and stored in, the pouch. An opened ready-to-use vial should be used right away. BROVANA may be used directly from the refrigerator.
- BROVANA may also be stored at room temperature between 68° to 77°F (20° to 25°C) for up to 6 weeks (42 days). If stored at room temperature, BROVANA should be discarded if it is not used after 6 weeks or if past the expiration date, whichever is sooner. Space is provided on the packaging to record room temperature storage times.
- Do not use BROVANA after the expiration date provided on the foil pouch and ready-to-use vial.
- BROVANA should be colorless. Discard BROVANA if it is not colorless.
- Keep BROVANA and all medicines out of the reach of children.