How your patients should use BROVANA® (arformoterol tartrate)
BROVANA® (arformoterol tartrate) Inhalation Solution should only be taken with a standard jet nebulizer (also known as a compressed-air nebulizer) and matching air compressor. The nebulizer converts the liquid medication into a fine mist, which is then inhaled by breathing through a mouthpiece or mask.
- It takes about 5 to 10 minutes for each BROVANA Inhalation Solution treatment—twice a day
- Each unit dose vial of BROVANA is 1 dose (15 mcg)
- The usual dose of BROVANA for the treatment of COPD symptoms is 1 vial twice a day (morning and evening) breathed in through a nebulizer
- Each dose of nebulized BROVANA is taken about 12 hours apart; COPD patients should not use more than 2 vials a day
- If a COPD patient misses a dose of BROVANA, they should skip that dose and take the next one at their usual time
- BROVANA should be used exactly as prescribed
Storing BROVANA® (arformoterol tartrate)
Store BROVANA medication in the protective foil pouch under refrigeration at 36°F to 46°F (2°C to 8°C). Protect from light and excessive heat. After opening the pouch, unused unit dose vials of BROVANA should be returned to, and stored in, the pouch. An opened unit dose vial should be used right away. Discard any unit dose vial if the solution is not colorless.
Nebulizer system and BROVANA are sold separately.
BROVANA prescription may also be stored at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C) for up to 6 weeks (42 days). If stored at room temperature, discard BROVANA if it is not used after 6 weeks or if past the expiration date, whichever is sooner.